The sale season has officially commenced. The festive season does not hold the monopoly for the onset of sale spell. It is observed across all online and offline stores that they are highly motivated to use the Republic day for showcasing exciting offers and lure in more shoppers. ‘The Republic Day’ offers is the new trend that has everyone hooked from the big players like Amazon and Flipkart to small scale retailers. Are you still on the fence thinking what offers to choose for your product/services? We can help you to choose the best option with minimal effort. Before we start on the Republic Day offers, let’s understand the basics like what, why and how?
Uptill a few years ago, the Republic Day sale was only cashed in by supermarkets for groceries and household items. The supermarkets were flooded with people to make the most of the sale and get the best deals. But in the past 4 years the e-commerce market has shown a lot of interest in capitalising the gazetted holidays as well. Flipkart and Amazon were also pulling all the strings to take full control over the market on the occasion of the 70th Republic Day. Flipkart witnessed a 30 percent growth in online traffic last year. Furthermore, customers also enjoyed instant discounts on Amazon.in gift cards & Citibank credit card holders also availed 10 percent cash back during the sale in 2019. On the similar lines, the HDFC loyalists were offered up to 7.5 percent discount with regards to shopping with HDFC Bank debit and credit cards on Flipkart.
The general idea is that since it is an off day, most of the demographic between 15-35 years spends time online on social media or shopping websites. If these shoppers could be motivated with the right offers, it can help your business get the breakthrough that you’ve been looking for in the first month of the year.
The big e-commerce players have already started their campaign to provide offers on books, mobiles, computers, cameras, movies, watches, media players, healthcare appliances, baby products, fashion jewellery and more. The sales are mostly starting from 22nd/23rd January and lasting upto 26th January. The great deals are all set to draw in shoppers and make the most of it. Let’s take a closer look on the different kind of offers along with the products:
- Discount Offer: The oldest trick in the book is probably the best. Discount offers work across all categories. If you have any stock available for a clearance sale, discount offers are the best way to go. You can even arrange your product lines from latest to oldest. The latest products can have smaller discounts, while the oldest can go as high as 70% off. Do keep in mind to always advertise with the highest value. For eg. If you are providing discounts between 10% to 70%, always advertise with something like upto 70% off, this will definitely provide you more traffic.
- Exchange Offer: The best option if you deal in electronics. There is a huge market for old items, if you are a dealer of a one particular brand you can always provide a set discount based on the quality and condition of the old products. Even e-commerce sites have started a small calculator where you can buy new phones, while exchanging your old one.
- Cashback Offer: This offer can only work for if you have an online store that is efficient enough with payment options and synchronicity. If you have an e-tailer, there are always plenty of options with credit card holders. The banks themselves provide them an option. This can help you to target a specific set of audience and buyers. But it is said that if you are not speaking to someone through your ad, you are speaking to no one. So it does not matter what offers attract your shoppers as long as you can convert them.
- Extended Warranty: Warranty is something that has always worried the buyers of electronics. They are always on the lookout for an extended warranty. This is probably one of the safest and most convenient offers to provide. But as far as offers go, this again is only limited to the sellers of electronic products.
- Buy X and Get Y: The offers like “Buy 1 Get 1” or “Buy 2 Get 1” are always great for apparels. These offers can be applied to already categorized products. You can always set a particular date for the same to create that urgency in the buyers. The shoppers might be saving some very small amount but they always fall for this trick. This Republic Day, if you are dealing in apparels, you can even leverage on the flag colours. It can provide you with the theme and combination. This will give you a lot of footfalls on your website or your physical store.
- Freebie Offers: Freebie offers are something that can urge the shoppers to always buy more, sometimes even outside their budget. The catch is to keep an exciting gift option given free on a minimum purchase. So the shoppers who are out to buy things for Rs. 1000, will buy stuff for Rs. 2499 to get that gift. If you are an avid shopper, you might have fallen for the same yourself. You always have to keep in mind and think like a shopper. What would you be out looking for? And whatever is the answer is the same thing you have to implement.
If the above text is too elaborate, here is a chart to make it easier for you:
|Discount||Electronics, Fashion, Home, Health, Books, Wellness, Sports|
|Cashback||Electronics, Fashion, Home, Health, Books, Wellness, Sports.|
|Buy X Get Y||Apparels, Accessories (Electronics & Fashion)|
|Freebie||Electronics, Fashion, Home, Health, Books, Wellness, Sport|
We at Taglr, which is home to over 180+ websites, are also offering the sellers an opportunity to promote your offers on our platform. So if you are worried about where to promote the deals and the offers that you are providing, Taglr can provide you a great opportunity to get high intent shoppers. We have recently launched our exclusive ad platform called ShopperAds. This platform enables brands and retailers to leverage our traffic and promote their deals to more than 5 Million shoppers per month. There are ample advanced features like geo-location and gender selection to target the right audience.
Setting up offers does not take a lot of effort, but it is very effective. The offers could be promotional, seasonal or for special occasions. If you as a seller promise the buyer to give them something more than the monetary value, they are always your happy customers. Great offers generate loyalty. If you always have one of many offers running on your products or store , it will always attract buyers. But, like any bad habit you have to keep in mind not to overdo it. You would not want to be one of those stores, where there is always the same offers throughout the year. The shoppers are getting smarter, they will surf 100 websites before they land on your store. So don’t wait around for the festive season to kick in. You can have a great start to the year if you can cash in on Republic Day.