A safe, secure and quick payment gateway is a crucial requirement of any e-commerce business. However, with payment gateways today being a dime a dozen, how does one pick the best? – Costs, setup time, user interface, available payment options, SDK/API/Widget/Buttons and good after-sales support are some important considerations. If you are contemplating which payment gateway would work best for your e-commerce store, here are some options:
Its launch 17 years ago makes CCAvenue one of the oldest payment gateways in India. They have recently overhauled their website’s merchant dashboard and UI.
- Account activation within 1 hour of registration
- Card Storage Vault – Securely stores and recalls card details for quicker repeat transactions, details are encrypted and stored securely against a unique token/identifier sent at the time of transaction initialization
- Smart Retry – When a transaction fails, the smart retry system redirects the customer to an intermediary page showing the reason for failure. The customer gets up to three attempts to complete the purchase successfully, through the same or a different payment option
- Fully customizable and free storefront to merchants who do not have a website, with no technical or design expertise compulsions – Merchants just have to pick a template, upload products, customize their online store and start accepting orders
- Multiple payment options (including CCAvenue PhonePay)
- Multi-currency support
- Multiple shopping cart plugins
- Smart analytics
- Multilingual checkout page, convenient checkout experience
- Good support, including live chat
- Clientele: ClearTrip, MakeMyTrip, Yatra, Naukri, AirAsia, redBus, Snapdeal, Myntra, etc.
Launched in India in 2011 and acquired by PayU two years ago, Citrus Pay is a rapidly growing payment gateway in India that has managed to obtain a large user base, both merchants and end users.
- Zero set up fee
- Easy integration process
- Wallet service
- Can seamlessly manage a higher number of transactions
- Invoicing feature to create and send invoices with payment links
- Multi-device compatibility – Lets customers pay from any of their devices
- Clientele: Etihad, Emirates, Airtel, Esselworld, Healthkart, ProfitBooks, Kaya, PVR Cinemas, etc.
6-year-old Instamojo is being used today by thousands of users in India to collect payments for merchandise, tickets, services, e-books, reports, invoices, and more. They recently introduced ‘instant onboarding’, an option to open a free instant account with them – This is a USP of Instamojo, no documentation is needed to start this trial account. Even when you want to set up a full account, a Pan card and bank statement is all you need.
- Easy to use and setup, no setup and annual maintenance fees
- Great for low budget start-ups, small businesses or individual business owners
- Simple, intuitive UI
- Multi-channel gateway – Email, SMS, Facebook, WhatsApp, Website, etc.
- Accepts Credit/Debit Cards, Wallets, Netbanking, UPI & EMI
- 3-day automatic transfer to savings or current bank account
- Powerful dashboard to track sales, connect with customers, and more
- QR codes, invoices, advanced analytics and other power tools
- Payment gateway integration with simple payments API
- Responsive support services
- Clientele: Snapdeal’s Shopo, UrbanClap, OnlinePrasad, NextBigWhat, YourStory, etc.
PayU Biz is a comprehensive payment gateway that integrates SimiCart apps with the PayU Biz payment method and helps customers make purchases directly via the PayU gateway. PayU Biz is a local division of PayU.
- Easy installation
- Magic Retry: Picks up failed/dropped transactions at the point of failure/dropping and completes it
- CVV less flow: No need to enter card CVV
- OneTap™ payments: Available on Android, tap once and the payment is complete
- Card vault: Saves customer card data to expedite repeat transactions
- Multiple payment options: Credit and Debit cards, Netbanking, EMI, IVR payment support, Wallets
- Email and SMS Invoicing
- Multi-currency support
- Developer-friendly APIs
- Great support for shopping cart and e-commerce plugins
- Smart analytics
- Seamless mobile experience: Supports iOS and Android
- Dynamic switching algorithm: After automatic health detection of different acquiring gateways, the transaction is routed to the best one
- Clientele: Jabong, Myntra, Ola, BookMyShow, Goibibo, Snapdeal, Pepperfry, Groupon, Grofers, Foodpanda, etc.
An acronym for “Payment Through Mobile”, 8-year-old Paytm is an e-payments and e-commerce brand that has grown to become one of the most convenient online payment gateways in India today.
- RBI-approved semi-closed wallet
- Protected under a reliable Escrow account, uses a Verisign-certified 128-bit encryption technology that ensures the security of data
- No setup, annual or withdrawal fees
- No minimum annual business requirement
- Accepted at over 15 lakhs merchant locations
- Accepts debit and credit cards, Paytm Wallet, Netbanking, EMI, UPI
- Allows cashless payments at offline merchants via QR codes/barcodes and a One-Time Password (OTP)
- Wide reach to buyers on smartphone apps, iPad, other channels and platforms
- Optimised pages for mobile, addresses complexities caused by different browsers, platforms, screen sizes and internet connections types
- Unified dashboard
- Customers get instant refunds or rewards for the desired behaviour in real time
- Upcoming corporate solutions include food and gift wallets
- Clientele: Uber, Jabong, eBay, FabFurnish, Zovi, etc.
In today’s technology-driven world where most payments are digital, setting up a cutting-edge payment gateway is not just a valuable tool for your e-commerce business, but an essentiality too. ')}